How to measure yourself for custom made fashions:Ready to get started?
Grab a tape measure, a friend, and a refreshing beverage and let’s get some measurements for your new outfit. For the ladies there are a few basic measurements required for all dresses. Some styles may require more measurements, so don’t let your friend or your refreshing beverage get too far away...
- Bust Measurement: Measure the fullest part of your bust.
- Waist Measurement: Measure your natural waist. You can find your natural waist by tying a bit of string or elastic snugly around your wasist and bending side to side a couple of times. Where the string winds up is your natural waist. Gentleman, you can skip the string bit because your waist is where your belt typically rides.
- Hip Measurement: Measure the fullest part of your hips.
- Back/Bodice Length: Measure from the base of neck down your spine to your wasit line.
- Skirt Length: Measure from the waist-line to where you would like the hem. It is best to have your friend measure this as bending alters the number.This number will change based on style, from mini to maxi .
Some more fitted dress styles will require more measurements but we can take care of that when we get to picking out your specific dress.
Men, for an Aloha shirt it is best to measure your favorite fitting Aloha shirt. Measure straight across from armpit to armpit, and then measure from center back of the collar to hem. For a ‘Patio’ sport jacket measure your chest and the sleeve from the shoulder to the start of your thumb.
Wasn't that easy? Now lets get to the fun part of picking that fabric you have always dreamed of.